Sunday, August 23, 2015

Episode #20 - American Folk Festival Preview

The American Folk Festival in Bangor, ME is coming up fast. Next weekend (Aug. 28th, 29th and 30th) the Queen City’s waterfront will be transformed into a cultural festival presenting music, dance and other performing arts from across America and the world. Plus there’s food... a variety of regional, ethnic and good ol’ fair food. The event is free of charge (of course donations are kindly accepted) and family friendly - providing lots to do and see for the youngsters in your life. As the host of Sonic Latitudes, I’ll be attending the festival (with my media pass) which will give me access to the artists and my goal is to bring back interviews and new sounds for a show that will air on Sunday September, 6. Today’s show is gonna be my Folk Festival preview. I’ve put together a playlist of artists who will hit the stage next weekend and standout artists who’ve appeared at the festival in years past. The next 30 minutes will spotlight some of these past artists. Then, around the top of the hour, I’ll focus on this year’s artists.




Here are some pics from Bon Debarras' performance at last year's festival. This Quebecois trio delighted the audience with their unique spin on traditional French-Canadian folk music.





No comments:

Post a Comment